Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Vitality.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between snacks. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Yogurt is a snack many individuals neglect. Sometimes people elect to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nonetheless. Along with calcium, it is a good supplier of aminoacids and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work correctly depending upon the culture used to make it. Quick hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent approach to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. You can cook french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Get 4 of yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Take 4 of red onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 of leek, finely sliced and washed.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive or avocado oil.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 litres of good quality unsalted beef stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of red wine.
- Get 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve.
- Take 2 tablespoons of salt (to taste).
- Get 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (to taste).
- Use 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape..
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour..
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.