Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Hyderabadi Chukka Gosht/Green Sorrel Mutton Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hyderabadi Chukka Gosht/Green Sorrel Mutton Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hyderabadi Chukka Gosht/Green Sorrel Mutton Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One wholesome option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hyderabadi chukka gosht/green sorrel mutton curry recipe. You can have hyderabadi chukka gosht/green sorrel mutton curry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hyderabadi Chukka Gosht/Green Sorrel Mutton Curry:
- You need 8 cups of Green sorrel leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Use 4 of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- Provide 2 of Onions chopped.
- Provide 4 tbsp of Oil.
- Provide 3 of Green Chillies, finely chopped.
- Use 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of Bengal Gram soaked.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Get 500 gms of Mutton bone-in.
Instructions to make Hyderabadi Chukka Gosht/Green Sorrel Mutton Curry:
- Wash and roughly chop the leaves. In a pressure cooker, saute onions with ginger garlic paste and the rest of the spices until the raw smell of the onions fade away. Add Mutton bone-in and saute on a low heat for a further 5 minutes..
- And finally add juicy and ripe tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes and then close the lid. Add little water and salt too. Pressure cook until the Mutton gets done. After the pressure settles down on it's own, open the lid and add the chopped Green Sorrel leaves and soaked Bengal Gram. Soak it for a good 2 hours or a little more and cook on a high heat..
- It gets done in no time at all. Saute until oil starts leaving the sides. Do not stir it much. Mix with light hands. If Bengal gram is used, add it along with the leaves. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with Khatti Daal or Tamatar ka Kat.
- Chukke Ki Bhaaji as called in Hyderabad is nothing but Green Sorrel Leaves. Here in this dish, it is cooked with mutton, tomatoes, and Bengal gram. Though Bengal Gram is optional, it can be added to enhance the flavour. It can also be cooked without it. There will not be any difference in it's taste. As known to everyone, Winter is a Season full of fresh green leafy vegetables and hence it's a perfect time to make this special dish and relish it. Happy Cooking Everyone!.
If you find this Hyderabadi Chukka Gosht/Green Sorrel Mutton Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.