Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. If we eat more healthy foods and less of the bad ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and prawn curry with tamarind recipe. To cook chicken and prawn curry with tamarind you need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Take 6 of chicken breasts, cubed.
- You need 1 kg of large prawns, shelled and deveined.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil – I use sunflower oil when making a curry.
- Take 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 6 of whole peppercorns.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Provide 6 of curry leaves.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1 tbsp of (heaped) ginger, garlic, chilli paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder (more can be added as per your preference).
- Use 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder (hurdee/ haldi).
- Get 3 of large tomatoes, grated (discard skins).
- Take 1 tbsp of corriander powder.
- Take 1 cup of tamarind "sauce" about 15 – 20 grms dissolved in a cup of warm water then strained & discarded the seeds & pulp. May be substited with about a tablespoonful of lemon juice. Note: tamarind gives an amazing flavour and thickens the gravy.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh corriander, chopped.
Steps to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Slightly heat oil in a pan then add in the cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns and onion..
- Sautè until onion changes colour to a light golden brown..
- Add in curry leaves and bay leaf..
- Mix in ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Followed by curry powder and tumeric powder..
- Add grated tomato and allow to cook through..
- Mix in the corriander powder..
- Once cooked, add in tamarind sauce and allow to simmer for a few moments..
- Mix in chopped corriander..
- Place cubed chicken into gravy. When almost done, add in the prawns and allow to cook through..
- Serve with basmati or other rice of choice..
If you find this Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.