Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. Even more crucial than wholly altering your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oven baked chicken croquettes modified from diana rattray's recipe on southernfood.com recipe. You can have oven baked chicken croquettes modified from diana rattray's recipe on southernfood.com using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com:
- Get 1 stick of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 lb of cooked chicken.
- Get 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- Provide 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Provide 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I use mozzarella).
Steps to make Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com:
- Poach Chicken. Place chicken in in a pan just large enough for chicken to fit in single layer. Cover with water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil then reduce heat so water barley bubbles. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cover for another 10 – 15 minutes..
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1/2 of the butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes without browning. Gradually whisk in milk and broth; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat; let cool 5 to 10 minutes..
- In large bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup bread crumbs, parsley, salt and eggs. Mix well. Pour in sauce, blend well. Cover and chill for about 2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine Mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish..
- Shape chicken croquettes mixture into 2 1/2-inch balls, then roll to form oval shapes; makes about 8. Roll shaped croquettes in bread crumb mixture. Arrange in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Melt remaining butter and drizzle over chicken croquettes. Bake chicken croquettes 30 minutes until golden brown..
- For gravy I just used McCormik's Chicken gravy packets which we really like and is easy to make..
If you find this Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.