Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you probably purchase a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. You can cook vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Take of Soup Broth.
- Get 1 large of sweet onion peeled and quartered.
- Prepare 1 small of piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise.
- You need 1 head of full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick).
- Take 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 pinch of coriander, cilantro, or basil.
- Use 4 medium of carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Use 4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Provide 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Provide of Noodles.
- Use 1/2 lb of flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference).
- Use of Toppings.
- Use 2/3 packages of extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc).
- Take 4 medium of mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes).
- You need 1 bunch of vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli).
- Provide of Garnishes.
- Provide 1 bunch of bean sprouts.
- Use 1 bunch of cilantro (a handful is usually good).
- Get 1 of chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced.
- Get 1 of lime cut into slices.
- Provide 2 of stock green onion, sliced into small pieces.
- Use 1 of your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc.
Steps to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:.
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side).
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning..
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve..
- For the noodles:.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking..
- For Toppings:.
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish.
- For the garnishes:.
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served..
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.