Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best BACON MAC & CHEESE recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to BACON MAC & CHEESE recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon mac & cheese recipe. To make bacon mac & cheese you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare BACON MAC & CHEESE:
- Provide 1 box of of Cavatappi pasta (16oz).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Provide 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Take 1 small of onion, diced.
- Get 2 cup of half and half.
- Provide 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Use 1 cup of Carolina Joe's Grillin' Sauce or BBQ or Sauce of your choice.
- Get 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Take 1 of 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt.
- Get 3 cup of freshly grated smoked cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly grated cheddar cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of butter.
- Get 8 of cooked bacon slices, chopped.
- Provide 3/4 cup of of breadcrumbs.
Steps to make BACON MAC & CHEESE:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring 1 gallon of salted water to a boil in a lager pot; add the pasta. Cook pasta about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain; rinse with cold water and toss with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil..
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. (Do not let the flour brown).
- Add half and half, heavy cream, BBQ Sauce, white pepper, and sea salt, bring to a simmer..
- Cook, whisking constantly for about 6 minutes or until thickened. Gradually all cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring until blended..
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in cooked pasta. Spoon into a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle bacon and bread crumbs over the top of the pasta and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp on top..
If you find this BACON MAC & CHEESE recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.