Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Gingersnap Cookies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gingersnap Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingersnap Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gingersnap cookies recipe. You can have gingersnap cookies using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Gingersnap Cookies:
- Take 2 cups of and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- Take 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened.
- Take 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of finely minced candied ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Provide 1/2 of white sugar, or as needed for rolling cookies.
Steps to make Gingersnap Cookies:
- Whisk flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and 2/3 cup sugar together in a separate bowl until smooth, for about 2 minutes. Add the candied ginger, molasses, vanilla, and egg. Whisk until well blended..
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture and mix just until the flour disappears. Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour 1/2 cup sugar in a small shallow dish for rolling cookies..
- Form dough into 1 1/2 teaspoon balls, then roll in the sugar before placing on the lined baking sheet..
- Flatten the cookies to about 1/4 inch thick. (I like to cover the cookie with a small piece of parchment or plastic wrap and then flatten with the bottom of a 1/4 cup measuring cup. The plastic or paper helps keep the cookie from sticking to whatever you use to flatten it). I have also tried rolling out the dough 1/4 inch thick to cut out gingersnap people with a cookie cutter. Dough will soften up if you do this, so rechill as needed..
- Sprinkle cookies with a pinch of sugar before baking in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. (Less time for a chewier cookie, more time for a snappier cookie).
- Once cookies are cooled, you can decorate with icing if desired, but they really don't need anything and are delicious on their own!.
If you find this Gingersnap Cookies recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.