Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Pig Candy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pig Candy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pig Candy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pig candy recipe. You can have pig candy using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pig Candy:
- Provide 8 slice of bacon, halved (I use hickory smoked).
- Take 1 cup of brown sugar (I use dark).
- Use 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (more if you like spicy!).
Steps to make Pig Candy:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl (with lid), combine sugar and pepper.
- Add bacon. Cover & shake. Bacon needs to have an even thick layer (should not be able to see bacon through sugar mixture).
- Place bacon on a cooling rack over a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for minimum cleanup).
- Place on top rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon. Flip. Add remaining sugar mixture to top of bacon.
- Bake for additional 5-7 minutes (until bacon appears cooked but sugar not burned).
- Let bacon cool on rack for 15 minutes..
- Serve whole strips or chop up to candy size and serve in dish.
- **My sister makes these for every tailgate party she hosts (for Arkansas Razorbacks! Go Hogs!).
If you find this Pig Candy recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.