Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Mac & Cheese with BACON recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Mac & Cheese with BACON recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Mac & Cheese with BACON recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes right away. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked mac & cheese with bacon recipe. To cook baked mac & cheese with bacon you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Mac & Cheese with BACON:
- Get 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of a/p flour.
- Use 4 cups of milk (plus 1/2 cup if needed).
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 pkg (16 oz) of pasta, cooked al dents and drained.
- You need 1 lb of bacon, cooked, drained.
Instructions to make Baked Mac & Cheese with BACON:
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter and add flour, salt & pepper. Stir to make roux, cook for 1 to 2 minutes..
- Slowly add in milk, whisk together, cooking over medium heat until starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups of shredded cheese..
- Add in the pasta and stir together. If too thick stir in extra milk..
- Coarse chop bacon and stir into pasta and cheese mixture..
- Prepare a 13×9 pan with Pam. Pour half of Mac & Cheese in and spread evenly. Then sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese over top. Pour remainder Mac & Cheese and spread over top. Sprinkle last 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!.
If you find this Baked Mac & Cheese with BACON recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.