Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Vitality.
We are all aware that having healthy foods can help us truly feel better in our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
For anybody who is not sensitive to nuts, try consuming some almonds! As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These nuts have quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. But whenever you eat almonds, you do not feel like you must sleep a while. These nuts unwind the muscles and offer a general sense of peace. Sometimes eating almonds can also be a mood increaser!
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curried fish polenta pie recipe. You can have curried fish polenta pie using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Curried Fish Polenta Pie:
- You need 6 of Hake Medallions.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Take 1 of Small Onion finely sliced.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Take 6 of Whole Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Use 4 cloves of Garlic thinly sliced.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Chilli / Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes (400g).
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Get 3 Tbsps of Lemon Juice.
- Take 1 Cup of Water.
- Use of optional: 1/4 cup cream or coconut cream.
- Provide of For the topping.
- Get of Polenta – 1 Cup Cooked with 3 – 4 cups water.
- Prepare of Cheese to Top (about 1/2 cup).
- Use 2 of Green Chillies seeded and chopped.
- You need 6 of Cherry Tomatoes halved.
Instructions to make Curried Fish Polenta Pie:
- Gently heat oil in a pan on medium heat..
- Add in onion, mustard seeds, cumin Seeds, whole peppercorns and bayleaf and saute until onion becomes translucent..
- Add sliced garlic and stir..
- Mix in the chilli / curry powder followed by the cumin powder and coriander powder. Be careful not to burn the spices..
- Mix in the can of chopped tomatoes, about half the water and salt to taste and allow tomatoes to cook through. This takes roughly 7 to 10 minutes..
- Mix in the lemon juice. At this point I use the back of my spoon to smash the tomatoes to break the chunks and have a nice thick gravy..
- Now add in the remaining water and the cream / coconut cream if using. Note that this variant offers a richer dish and does alter the flavour..
- Place hake medallions into pan and cover allowing to cook for about 15 minutes (turning once half way through). Please note that your cooking time may vary. We want the fish to be tender but cooked through..
- Meanwhile… Prepare your polenta. I've used 1 cup of polenta to 4 cups of water. Salt and some butter to taste..
- To assemble our pie….
- Place fish pieces into a baking dish. NB. Use one that is deep enough and will allow enough room for the rest of your pie..
- Pour gravy over your fish..
- Spread the cooked polenta over top of your fish curry to create a crust. (Much like mash is used in a cottage pie)..
- Top with grated cheese (I've used half mozzarella and half cheddar), the 2 chopped chillies and cherry tomatoes..
- Grill until cheese is golden and serve with a nice side of salad..
If you find this Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.