Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, Bengali Mutton Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kosha Mangsho | Bengali Mutton Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kosha Mangsho | Bengali Mutton Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you probably pick out many food items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kosha mangsho | bengali mutton curry recipe. bengali mutton curry using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kosha Mangsho | Bengali Mutton Curry:
- Provide 1/2 kg of mutton or lamb, I have used chaap or ribs.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of whole dry red chilli.
- Use 8-10 of black peppercorn.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of -inch cinnamon stick.
- Take 4 of green cardamom.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of medium-sized onions, thinly sliced.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- Use 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Provide 1 of +1/4 cup water.
- Provide 2 tsp of tea leaves.
- Take 1/4 cup of mustard oil.
- Use of For marinating:.
- Prepare 1 cup of yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
Instructions to make Kosha Mangsho | Bengali Mutton Curry:
- Stage 1: To marinate the mutton, take a medium-sized bowl, add mutton pieces, yoghurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mustard oil. Mix everything nicely. Cover with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator. Marinate overnight or at least 8 hours..
- Stage 2: To make kosha mangsho, take a pressure cooker and pour mustard oil. Heat it over a high flame. Once the oil is hot and has started releasing smoke, lower the flame to medium. Add bay leaf, dry red chilli, black peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom and black cardamom. Fry for a few seconds until they are fragrant..
- Then add onions and sugar. Continue to cook on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes or until the onions are light brown in colour. The sugar helps in caramelizing the onions..
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add marinated mutton, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Combine everything together. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Then add salt and give it a quick mix. Lower the flame and cover the pressure cooker with a bowl that is filled with water (more than 1 cup). By doing this, water in the bowl will get heated up and we will use this hot water later on in the recipe. We are saving both time and money by following this cooking process. But you can also cover it with a lid if you like. Cook for 5-7 minutes..
- Stage 3: Remove the bowl and keep it aside. Check if the mutton has released water. If so, then increase the flame to medium-high and cook for another 10-15 minutes while stirring frequently..
- In a saucepan, pour ¼ cup water and bring it to a boil. Add tea leaves and turn the flame off. Strain and keep aside..
- Once all the water has evaporated and oil has started releasing from the mutton, pour the tea water, 1 cup hot water and garam masala into the cooker. Mix well..
- Stage 4: Pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. After the first whistle, lower the flame and continue to cook until the mutton has fully cooked. This totally depends upon the quality of the mutton. If the quality is good then it will cook after 1 or 2 whistles, and if not, then you may have to cook for a few more whistles..
- Once done, turn the heat off and release the pressure. Pour kosha mangsho into the serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with luchi (poori) or steamed rice..
If you find this Kosha Mangsho | Bengali Mutton Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.