Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. You can have copycat panera bread french onion soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Take 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Get 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- Use 2 can of Beef broth.
- Get 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- You need 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Use of garnish.
- Use 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Provide 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- Get 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- Take 1 of Butter.
Steps to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.