Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely choose lots of food items out of habit. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and pecan nut waffles with maple syrup recipe. You can cook sweet potato and pecan nut waffles with maple syrup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup:
- Get 210 g of cake flour.
- Use 15 ml of baking powder.
- You need 15 ml of caster sugar.
- Provide 15 ml of maple syrup(plus extra for roasting the sweet potato).
- Provide 150 g of pecan nuts roughly chopped.
- Prepare 300 ml of milk.
- Get 2 of free-range eggs (separated).
- Take 50 g of melted butter.
- You need 1 of medium sized sweet potato chopped into rounds/cubes.
- Get 1 pinch of cinnamon.
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup:
- To make the waffle mix, sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl then add the sugar..
- Whisk the milk, the two egg yolks(separated from the eggs) and melted butter together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth consistency is achieved..
- Beat the egg whites to a soft peak, add to the mix by folding. Set aside for 30 minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Add the chopped sweet potato to a roasting dish and drizzle with the extra maple syrup and cinnamon. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Set aside and let cool..
- Switch on your waffle machine. Roughly mash up the sweet potato, take care not to thoroughly mash up, as you need chunks of it to be present in the waffle for texture and taste. Roughly chop the pecan nuts and add both to the waffle mix, fold gently to until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or big spoon, spoon the batter onto each side of the waffle compartments on the machine, close the machine and let cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp (or follow the manufacturers instructions on the packaging) serve with a quenelle/scoop of vanilla ice cream, a sprinkling of pecan nuts and a light drizzle of maple syrup..
If you find this Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.