Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cheesy chicken enchiladas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy chicken enchiladas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy chicken enchiladas recipe. You can cook cheesy chicken enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy chicken enchiladas:
- You need 5 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Take 2 of bell pepper.
- Use 1 of white onion.
- Provide 1 can of MILD ROTEL TOMATOES.
- Take 1 can of YELLOW HOMINY.
- Take 6 pieces of cooked bacon.
- Use 1 packages of LIPTION SPANISH RICE.
- Use 1 of brick of cream cheese.
- You need 1 can of ENCHILADA SAUCE.
- Take 1 cup of SHREDDED MEXICAN CHEESE.
- Prepare 8 of large TORTILLAS.
Instructions to make Cheesy chicken enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces so they cook faster. put chicken breasts into a deep skillet with about a ¼” of water in the bottom of the pan. cover and cook on medium heat until cooked through..
- While chicken is cooking, make the spanish rice following the directions on the package. leave on the stove on lo heat to cook all the liquid out of it.
- Cut the peppers and onions into ¼” pieces.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Open the can of hominy, rinse and drain.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove from pan and let cool. rinse the pan and place back on the stove. place the onions, peppers, hominy, bacon, and tomatoes in the pan and let simmer..
- Once the chicken has cooled, pull into small pieces and add to the pan.
- Add the rice to the pan.
- Add the cream cheese (i like to keep it in the freezer before i start so i can cut it into strips so it melts easier).
- Add 1 handful of shredded mexican cheese and stir everything thouroughly.
- Take a large baking or roasting pan and line with foil. divide the mixture into 8 servings and wrap each serving with the tortillas. place enchiladas into the pan and drizzle with enchilada sauce and sprinkle shredded cheese on the top.
- Bake for 15-20 min, or until the enchiladas start to brown and get crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve.
If you find this Cheesy chicken enchiladas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.