Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One wholesome option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to queso taco pasta bake recipe. You can cook queso taco pasta bake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Queso Taco Pasta Bake:
- Use 8 oz. of pasta (I used Radiatore, but any small shape works).
- Get 2 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- Get 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of black beans (I used canned, drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Provide to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Get 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, divided (I use a mix of cheddars).
- Take 1/2 cup of salsa (I used mild, but medium or hot would be good).
- Get of chopped cilantro, for garnish.
Steps to make Queso Taco Pasta Bake:
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place on burner with the heat on high and bring to a boil. At the same time, heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet..
- Once water reaches a boil, add your pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally. About the same time, add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent..
- Add the garlic to the skillet next and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef and cook until completely brown. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- About this time, the pasta should be done. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, removed from the heat..
- Add the black beans and diced tomatoes to the skillet with the beef. Next stir in the seasonings. Remove from heat and scrape the meat and bean mix into the pot with the pasta. Stir lightly to mix..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an oven proof casserole dish and set aside..
- For the queso: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, add the flour a little at a time, whisking constantly as you add it to form a roux. Once all flour is added, allow the roux to simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly..
- Increase the heat to medium high and slowly begin to whisk in the broth, adding it slowly. Once all the broth is incorporated, allow to come to a simmer. Let simmer, whisking occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Once it's all melted in, stir in the salsa..
- Stir the queso cheese sauce into the pot with the pasta and meat mix and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese..
- Bake for 5 minutes, then set the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese begins to turn golden and bubbly..
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers..
If you find this Queso Taco Pasta Bake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.