Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
For anybody who is not allergic to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food because they are packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds really are a natural supply of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is found in almonds. But when you eat almonds, you do not feel like you need to sleep a while. Instead, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional level is often lifted by simply eating almonds.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat spaghetti, spaghetti squash, japanese eggplant, capers and toasted almonds recipe. To make whole wheat spaghetti, spaghetti squash, japanese eggplant, capers and toasted almonds you need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds:
- Prepare of Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Veggies.
- Prepare 4 oz of dried whole wheat spaghetti pasta.
- Use 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Take 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Get 1 small of spaghetti squash.
- Provide 1 small of Japanese eggplant, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- You need 1 small of onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers, drained.
- You need 1 of ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted in 350º F oven for 8 minutes.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 small of lemon, cut in half and juiced.
- Get 2 tsp of olive oil, divided.
- Get 1 tsp of sherry vinegar.
- Take 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, divided.
- Get 1 tbsp of Italian parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
Steps to make Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds:
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF and fill a medium to large sauce pot three quarters full with water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Turn the sauce pot on over high-heat..
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut the squash in half from the stem end to the blossom end. Scoop out the seeds with a large metal serving spoon. Season with salt and black pepper, brush cut side with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place cut side down on a heavy baking pan or roasting pan. Cook for 30-35 minutes until the top is soft and gives to the touch..
- When the water reaches a boil, add the pasta all at once and stir continuously so it does not stick to each other or the pan. Cook the pasta until tender or al-dente but not mushy. Before draining the pasta remove 2 Tablespoons of the hot pasta cooking liquid and reserve for later. Drain the pasta in a large colander and reserve..
- While the squash is roasting, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining olive oil to the pan, add the eggplant. Cook while stirring for 4-5 minutes and then add onion and half of the butter, cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add vinegar and tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute, remove from heat..
- Once the squash is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Scrape out the inner strands of squash and add to the pan with eggplant..
- Heat the pan of vegetables over medium heat while stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Once the vegetables are hot add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, remaining butter, capers and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat while stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Once the butter has melted and the pasta has started to absorb some of the sauce remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve in two large bowls with toasted almonds and parsley on top. Enjoy!.
If you find this Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.