Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Eggplant Gratin recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Eggplant Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant gratin recipe. To make eggplant gratin you only need 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Eggplant Gratin:
- You need 1 of large eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- Use 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- Get 12 slices of pepperoni.
- Use 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- Take 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- Take 1 of large egg.
- Get 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Use 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Instructions to make Eggplant Gratin:
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
If you find this Eggplant Gratin recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.