Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to old fashioned pot roast recipe. To make old fashioned pot roast you need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Old Fashioned Pot Roast:
- Take 4 lb of beef roast.
- Use 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- Take 2 of stalks of celery.
- Prepare 4 large of potatoes (can use new potatoes) if u use new potatoes you will many more than 4 … maybe 8.
- Get 1/2 packages of baby carrots.
- Take 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- You need 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- Get 1 large of fresh onion (minced) divided in half.
- Use 2 cup of water or broth.
- Take 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder….
Steps to make Old Fashioned Pot Roast:
- *** sprinkle roast liberally with pepper, and garlic powder. and lightly with season salt. I rub the seasoning into the meat by hand… the brown gravy and onion soup mix are high in sodium..
- dredge roast through flour. fry in oil until both sides are brown. doesn't have to cook just brown. this step is important to help to form gravy or thick juice..
- coursely cut up potatoes. cut celery into 2" pieces..
- put all the veggies in a bowl with 1/2 the onion. lightly salt add pepper. hand mix..
- put a slow cooker liner in your crockpot..
- ROAST CAN BE PUT IN A BAKING BAG OR THE PRESSURE COOKER. If pressure cooker is used. cook on Med for 45 Minutes. if you use a baking bag cook for about 1 1/2 hrs at 350°. if you use a crockpot cook 8-10 hrs on low or 6 hrs on high..
- the instructions are given for a crockpot. put veggies in the crockpot and put roast on top.. it will keep veggies moist. put celery and onions on top of roast..
- put onion mix and gravy mix in bowl with water or broth…mix well until dissolved pour over roast and cook for designated time as posted in #6….
- **** after roast is eaten I save the leftovers juice to boil egg noodles in. the broth can be strained and frozen for future use. I'll put that recipe on my profile..
- SOMEONE ADDED IN THE REVIEW IT TAKES 8 HRS TO BAKE… EVIDENTLY THIS PERSON HAS NOT COOKED THIS. … this roast can be cooked in a roaster that has a lid … or in an aluminum roaster covered tightly with aluminium foil… for 1 1/2 – 2 hrs…..
- **** several people mentioned the gravy was thinner than they like…. when u get ready to cook the roast add 3 Tbsp of flour to a 1/2 coffee cup full of COLD water … put this in the bottom… the oils and broth from the meat will season this… in mine I mix the onion soup mix… gravy mix… and flour from frying the roast……
If you find this Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.