Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for My Grandmothers Chicken Soup! recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Grandmothers Chicken Soup! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Grandmothers Chicken Soup! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything immediately or that you need to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my grandmothers chicken soup! recipe. You can cook my grandmothers chicken soup! using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make My Grandmothers Chicken Soup!:
- You need 9 lb of whole Perdue Chicken (look for a real yellow perdue chicken, that means it has more flavorful fat. Perdue is the best tasting for soup stock (in my opinion).
- Use 1 of med. sweet onion (skin on).
- Provide 1 stick of carrot (washed with skin on).
- You need 1 bunch of Italian flat leaf parsley (wrap in string).
- Take 1 of enough water to cover 2 inches above chicken.
- Prepare 1 bunch of celery leaves (on inside of celery bunch, leaves only. wrap in string).
- You need 1 packages of carrots (from the ground, not small bag of carrots ready to eat).
- Prepare 3 packages of Mrs. Weiss egg noodles (thin or wide).
- Provide 1 box of G Washingtons Golden chicken broth (I use 6 to 7 packets but you can use as much or a little as you'd like) you get 8 packets in one box.
Steps to make My Grandmothers Chicken Soup!:
- Wash chicken in cold water, put in stock pot. Cover chicken with water 2 inches above chicken. Add whole onion, parsley, celery leaves and carrot. Cook at SLOW boil for 1 1/2 hours, skimming brown stuff off the top in the 1st 15 minutes of boiling. While thats cooking, make your noodles and carrots..
- Remove chicken (save to cut up when cooled) discard carrot, celery and parsley bunch, onion. Pour soup through small strainer into another pot. Add 6 to 7 packets of g Washington chicken broth and stir till dissolved. Chicken soup broth, Noodles, Chicken & carrots are all stored separately until ready to eat. (Im not sure about how many servings) its a big pot! :).
If you find this My Grandmothers Chicken Soup! recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.