Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Indian shrimp curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Indian shrimp curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian shrimp curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian shrimp curry recipe. You can have indian shrimp curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian shrimp curry:
- Use 35 of cooked frozen shrimp.
- Use 2 large of onion.
- Use 2 of tomatoes.
- Get 1 of potato.
- Get 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of inch ginger.
- Take 5 of cloves.
- Provide 1 of inch cinnamon bark.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 7 of whole black peppercorns.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried coriander.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- Provide 1 of green chilli.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Steps to make Indian shrimp curry:
- Chop garlic and ginger.
- Chop onions as finely as possible.
- Chop tomatoes, potato and chilli.
- heat the oil over medium heat and add garlic, ginger, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon bark and peppercorns..
- Once garlic is almost done add onions and cook over medium heat till they are light brown. This will take 20-30 minutes..
- Once onions have turned light brown add tomatoes, chilli, turmeric, dried coriander and red chilli powder.
- Cook the onion tomato mixture until there is a small film of oil on the edges. If there is no film after 10 minutes of cooking add more oil and cook for 5 minutes. Repeat until the film is seen.
- Add the potato and cook for 10 minutes with a half cup of water after 5 minutes to prevent the onion tomato mixture from burning.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix it in.
- Add the frozen shrimp and stir till the frozen shrimp have separated.
- Cover and let the curry simmer till the potato is soft adding salt to taste..
If you find this Indian shrimp curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.