Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything straightaway or that you have to entirely eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than completely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy eggplant pasta recipe. To make spicy eggplant pasta you only need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Eggplant Pasta:
- Use 2 of medium eggplants.
- Provide of Salt.
- Get 3 tbs of olive oil, divided.
- Use of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped plum tomatoes or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbs of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry oregano.
- Use 2 tsp of red pepper flakes, plus extra for finishing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh, chopped basil, plus extra for finishing.
- Prepare 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- Take of Parmesan cheese to top.
Steps to make Spicy Eggplant Pasta:
- Cut the eggplants crosswise, into 1 inch thick slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, salt them well on both sides, and set aside for half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat two tablespoons of olive oil over the eggplant, tossing the slices to coat them. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast them until they're tender and browning, about 20 minutes..
- While the eggplant roasts, heat remaining tablespoon of the olive oil on low heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and the minced garlic and sauté them until onions are soft (8 to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened up, about 10 to 12 minutes. When the eggplant is ready, remove it from the oven, chop it into 1 inch pieces, and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer gently on very low heat..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and gently fold in the sauce. Top the pasta with additional chopped basil and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve..
If you find this Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.