Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Eggplant Parmigiana recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Eggplant Parmigiana recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant Parmigiana recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant parmigiana recipe. You can have eggplant parmigiana using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Eggplant Parmigiana:
- Provide 2 of Italian Eggplants (medium), peeled, sliced 3/4” thick.
- Use Dash of salt.
- Provide 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Take 2 of eggs, beaten to blend.
- Prepare Dash of milk.
- Use 2 cups of seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Use 1/2 cup of olive oil (divided).
- Provide 2 cups of Italian red sauce (divided).
- Provide 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced.
- Get 6 oz. of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
Steps to make Eggplant Parmigiana:
- Place some of the eggplant slices on paper towels on a large plate. Lightly salt. Add another layer of paper towels on top, then add eggplant slices, salt, and top it off with paper towel..
- Place a large plate on top for weight and to seal the slices. Allow this to sit for 30 minutes. [This draws out some of the moisture and makes for a creamier eggplant texture when baked].
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, beat the eggs with a dash of milk. In a flat plate, add the breadcrumbs. [Have a small bowl to the side that contains about 2 cups of water].
- Remove the eggplant slices from the paper towels, place them on the large plate and drizzle with olive oil. Heat a very large frying pan over medium-high heat with some olive oil..
- Working one at a time, dredge the eggplant slice in flour (both sides), then dip in egg wash (both sides), and coat in breadcrumbs on both sides by firmly pressing the slice down in the crumbs..
- Add the slice to the heated pan. Dip your fingers in the water bowl and repeat these steps with the other slices to fill the pan. [Fry in batches].
- Fry the slices until golden brown and then flip them over. Add olive oil to the pan. Total cooking time is about 6 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with the other batch of slices using additional oil..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Place the larger slices on the bottom (trim as needed). Add a slice of mozzarella cheese on top..
- Stack the remaining slices on top for a second layer. Add the rest of the sauce on top and spread this around. Top the layers with the Parmesan cheese..
- Cover with foil and place in the heated oven on top of a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and allow this to rest for 15 minutes. Top with basil leaves..
- Using a spatula, cut and scoop a two-layer portion, and place it upon a bed of plated pasta. [Or use within a baked Italian sandwich roll].
If you find this Eggplant Parmigiana recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.