Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tender t-bones & scrumptious sides recipe. To make mike's tender t-bones & scrumptious sides you only need 36 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides:
- Take of Meat.
- Get 2 large of Well Marbled T-Bone Steaks.
- Provide 3 tbsp of High Heat Frying Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Get of Kitchen Items For Steaks.
- Use 1 large of Cast Iron Skillet.
- Prepare 1 of Pair Tongs.
- Prepare of Steak Toppers.
- Take 2 large of White Onions [sliced thick].
- Provide 1/2 lb of Cleaned, Fresh, Sliced Mushrooms.
- Get 2 tbsp of High Heat Frying Oil.
- Take 2 oz of Salted Butter [or more].
- Take 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Take 1 of Cutting Board.
- Prepare 1 large of Knife.
- Take of Baked Potatoes & Kitchen Items Needed.
- You need 2 large of Whole Idaho Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Reserved Bacon Grease [from previous meals].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Take 4 of Sheets Tinfoil.
- Take 1 of Sharp Knife.
- Get of Asparagus Spears & Kitchen Items.
- Use 18 of Larger Asparagus Spears.
- Use 1/4 cup of Shreadded Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Get 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 9 oz of Prosciutto Slices.
- Prepare 1 large of Sheet Tinfoil.
- Prepare 1 large of Sharp Knife.
- You need 1 of Cutting Board.
- Prepare 1 of Cookie Sheet.
Steps to make Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides:
- Before frying your steaks, fry your onions and mushrooms in the same cast iron skillet you'll be frying your steaks in. Also, make your garlic butter..
- Garlic Butter Recipe Slightly melt butter and mix everything together in Ziplock bag and mix well. Snip end off of bag and use as a piping bag. Squeeze directly on to baked potatoes or neatly into a serving bowl. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364342-mikes-easy-garlic-butter-spread.
- FOR THE ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS: Slice onions thick. Sauté onions in 1/2 sick butter and oil..
- When they are just about 3/4 's of the way cooked to your preference, add your mushrooms and cook 3 minutes longer..
- Drain on paper towels then serve atop T-Bone Steaks..
- STEAK FRYING & TIPS: Choose a T-bone steak that is cherry red and is well marbled. [meaning fat runs equally throughout the meat] Have your Butcher choose your steaks if you're not certain on which cuts to pick..
- Pat your steaks down with a paper towel and make sure your steaks are dry. You don't want to end up steaming them instead..
- Important! Do not tenderize T-Bones with a fork or puncture your meat in any way both prior to or during frying. You'll forfit vital juices and actually cause your steak to firm up even more. Just trust the notion that you and your butcher have picked the ideal steaks and that they will be juicy!.
- Pull your steaks from fridge 45-60 minutes prior to pan frying. You'll want them at room temperature before searing..
- Generously season your T-bone steaks on both sides with cracked black pepper. Do not over season your steaks with spices such as meat seasoned salt, tenderizers, garlic or onion powders as you'll only mask the natural flavor of your meat. Garlic will also burn at a high heat so do not use in seasonings. Salt and pepper are all you really need!.
- Season with sea salt just minutes before frying. Otherwise it will dry your steak out. Remember, you want juicy steaks!.
- To pan-sear T-bone steaks, use a cast iron frying pan [best] or an equally heavy pan. Heat the pan over medium to high heat with 2 tbsp high heat oil vegetable oil until pan is almost smoking. Be careful not burn oil though..
- Quickly sear the steaks on each side for about 1 minute to achieve a hearty brown crust then fry for 3 to 6 minutes on each side depending if you want rare, medium rare, medium well or well done steaks..
- Use tongs [important] to flip your steaks or to move them around so they don't stick or become punctured by a fork or knife..
- When steaks are done to your liking, set to the side and let rest for 5 – 7 minutes before cutting..
- FOR BAKED POTATOES: Wash and dry your potatoes and stick a knife x 2 through both for quicker baking time. Generously coat both with hardened bacon grease. Sprinkle each with cracked black pepper and sea salt..
- Roll in tinfoil and press tightly then roll again in another piece of tinfoil..
- Place in oven at 425° on the lowest oven shelf for 45 minutes..
- Cut open potatoes and squeeze both ends together to push up baked centers..
- Top with garlic butter or plain butter and sour cream and garnish with cracked black pepper and chives..
- PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS: Add olive oil to the spears and add cracked pepper, sea salt, garlic and Parmesan Cheese and mix well..
- Carefully wrap asparagus spears in Prosciutto and place on tinfoil lined and spray Pam cookie sheet..
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until Prosciutto meat is crispy. Or you can pan sear until crispy. Just add a bit of oil to the pan..
- Garnish with fresh parsley and strawberries..
If you find this Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.