Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet & spicy chicken thighs recipe. You can cook sweet & spicy chicken thighs using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs:
- Take 1 of green bell pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, julienned.
- Take 1 of small green chili pepper, minced.
- Get 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 2 of skin-on chicken thighs.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Get 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Get of Ground black pepper.
- Take of Kosher salt.
- Get of Vegetable oil.
- You need as needed of Water.
Steps to make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs:
- On a warm skillet, add vegetable oil. Once hot, add the minced garlic and green chilli pepper and stir until fragrant, about 20 seconds..
- Next, add the butter and stir until melted. Add the bell pepper and red onion and cook until onions are slightly golden and peppers start to soften..
- Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt and black pepper. Put them in the skillet, skin facing down. Sear them until golden brown on both sides..
- Next, add around 1 cup of water and turn the heat down. Cover and let cook for around 15 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165° F. Add more water as needed, do not let the liquid evaporate completely. Once they are done, take them out and reserve..
- Add the cayenne pepper, soy sauce and sugar to the skillet. Stir well and let it simmer until it thickens. If needed, you can add a little bit of water..
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with freshly chopped scallions or parsley. You can serve it over a rice pilaf or with baked or mashed potatoes..
If you find this Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.