Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Brinjal podi curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Brinjal podi curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brinjal podi curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brinjal podi curry recipe. You can have brinjal podi curry using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Brinjal podi curry:
- Prepare 5 of brinjals Tender purple -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Bengal gram dal (kaai paruppu) -.
- Get 2 tbsps of Coriander seeds (dhania) -.
- Take 2 of Chillies Red -.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Peppercorns -.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Urad dal -.
- Use 6 – 8 of Curry leaves -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- Provide of Salt – as needed.
- Prepare of Oil – as needed.
Instructions to make Brinjal podi curry:
- Cut brinjal into small cubes and add them to a bowl filled with water.
- After all brinjals are cut, strain the water. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and leave it aside for 10 minutes..
- In a pan, heat a drop of oil. Add bengal gram dal, coriander seeds, peppercorns and red chillies. Fry till dal turns light brown. Let it cool.
- Ground the roasted ingredients to a coarse powder.
- Heat a wide-bottomed pan. Add 4-5 tsp of oil..
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and curry leaves. Fry till urad dal turns light brown.
- Add chopped brinjal pieces, sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Close the lid and let the brinjals cook in low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Check if brinjals are cooked..
- Add the freshly ground masala powder and mix well.
- Check for salt and add more if needed.
- Fry for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Serve it as a dry side-dish with rice..
If you find this Brinjal podi curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.