Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti – tuscan flavored recipe. You can have baked ziti – tuscan flavored using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored:
- Use 1 of eggplant (peeled, sliced 1/2”).
- Provide 1 of zucchini (sliced 1/2”).
- Prepare 4 of plum tomatoes (sliced in half – lengthwise).
- You need 1/2 of red onion (halved – lengthwise).
- Use of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Use 1 lb. of Italian sausage (mild or hot).
- Take 1 can (5.75 oz) of whole, pitted black olives (sliced in half).
- Provide 1 jar of roasted red bell peppers (chopped).
- Prepare of Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Provide 1 box (16 oz) of Pasta – Penne or Ziti.
- Provide 1 of large jar (32oz) or more, tomato sauce.
- You need Dash of red pepper flakes.
- Use 1/2 cup of fresh basil (chopped).
- Provide 16 oz of fresh shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped).
Steps to make Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored:
- Heat grill to medium temperature..
- Place the first four prepared vegetables on a platter for grilling. Drizzle all the vegetables lightly with olive oil. [A bit heavier with the eggplant].
- Place the slices on the grill (oil side down) and reduce the grill temp to low – medium. Brush olive oil on the tops. Grill for 7 minutes, then 5 minutes on the other side. [Keep tomatoes to a lower temp side of the grill].
- Remove the vegetables to a platter, but leave the onion to grill a bit more. Place the sausage(s) on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the sausage and onion to a plate and let cool..
- On a cutting board, slice the grilled vegetables into bite-sized portions. Place them into a large bowl. Add the black olives and roasted red bell peppers. Drizzle the bowl ingredients with balsamic vinegar..
- On a cutting board, slice the sausage into 1/2” slices. Place these pieces on a plate..
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for a slightly al dente firmness. Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and drizzle with olive oil while mixing..
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees..
- Take a very large lasagna pan (or deep dish pan) and coat the bottom of the pan with a bit of the tomato sauce. Add the pasta and then the vegetables and spread evenly. Place the sausage pieces on top..
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top and add a dash of red pepper flakes (lightly) to areas of the sauce. Top the sauce with fresh basil and now the cheese. Place the pan in the heated oven..
- Bake covered (aluminum foil) for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove the pan and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Top with parsley..
- Use a large serving spoon or spatula to serve. Enjoy with toasted garlic bread and northern Italian red wine..
If you find this Baked Ziti – Tuscan Flavored recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.