Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
We are very mindful that eating healthy snacks can help us feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than processed grains included in white bread.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to parmigiana di melanzane (eggplant parmesan) recipe. To cook parmigiana di melanzane (eggplant parmesan) you only need 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan):
- Get of Sauce.
- Use 1 (14.5 oz) of can of crushed tomatoes.
- Use 1/4 cup of dry sherry.
- Use 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of anchovy paste.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable base OR 2 vegetable boullion cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Provide of Main.
- Use of ~2 lbs eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (2 large globe or 3 – 4 Italian eggplants).
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of shredded whole milk mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 oz of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Steps to make Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan):
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover bottom of two sheet pans with aluminum foil. Coat foil and both sides of each piece of eggplant thoroughly in olive oil. Place eggplant slices into a singe layer across the two sheets..
- Set up oven racks to lower middle and upper middle positions. Put eggplant in oven and roast for 20 minutes, switching the rack position and rotating each pan after 10 minutes for even cooking. Remove and allow to cool at least 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 375..
- While you are roasting the eggplant, start the sauce. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tomato paste, anchovy paste, and vegetable base. Mix in and cook about 30 seconds. Add dry sherry. Cook about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and all other seasonings. Bring to a simmer and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover. Cook, stirring occassionally, about 20 minutes..
- Grease an oval or rectangular baking dish well with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup of sauce into the bottom and spread across the whole bottom. Place a single lawyer of eggplant over the sauce. Add another 1/2 cup of sauce and 1/3 of the cheeses..
- Place another layer of eggplant, 1/2 cup of sauce, and 1/3 of the cheese. Continue with the final layer of eggplant and top with remaining sauce and cheese. Place into the oven, uncovered, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before serving..
If you find this Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.