Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to green chicken enchilada bake recipe. You can cook green chicken enchilada bake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Green Chicken Enchilada Bake:
- You need 2 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast (my package was 3 very large).
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh cilantro – tied together with kitchen twine.
- Prepare 2 tbs of chili powder (I use chipotle chili powder).
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Use 1 of enough water and/or chicken broth to cover breasts in pot.
- Provide 6 of large flour tortillas (burrito size).
- Prepare 1 of large can (28 oz) green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 of small can (14 oz) green enchilada sauce.
- Use 4 cup of shredded cheese – cheddar, monterrey jack and mexi-blends work great but use what you love!.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sliced black olives (optional).
Steps to make Green Chicken Enchilada Bake:
- Place chicken and next 5 ingredients in a large pot (6 if using cayenne). Fill with enough broth/water to cover the chicken by about an inch. Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to medium low and simmer covered for 20 minutes..
- When chicken is done, carefully remove from pot and place on cutting board to rest a few minutes before shredding. Remove cilantro from broth. Leave broth simmering lightly while you shred the chicken..
- Use two forks to pull the chicken apart into shreds. When all the chicken is shredded return to pot. Slowly simmer in broth for 10 minutes more (to infuse with more flavor). Drain chicken in colander And get ready to assemble!.
- Assemble your layers! Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×13" baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce from the large can into baking dish. Swirl to coat bottom..
- Place two tortillas on sauce, overlapping in the middle. Spread half of the shredded chicken on top of tortillas. Pour 1/2 of remaining enchilada sauce from the large can over chicken. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over sauce..
- Repeat tortillas, chicken, sauce, cheese in same order once more, using the remaining chicken and last 1/2 of large can of sauce..
- Top with last 2 tortillas, tucking edges down into dish on all sides. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top, then pour the entire small can of sauce over cheese to coat evenly. Lastly add black olives, if desired..
- Tent loosely with aluminum foil, ensuring it doesn't touch the cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more or until top is golden and bubbly. Let rest about 10 minutes before cutting. Top with desired garnishes, serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Green Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.