Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fully loaded baked potato soup recipe. To make fully loaded baked potato soup you need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- Prepare 6 of bacon strips.
- You need 1/2 of sausage (of any kind, but I like Hillshire Farm beef sausage).
- Provide 1 of medium white onion.
- Get 4 of carrots.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- Take 3 of medium potatoes.
- Take 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 quart of half and half (up to 1 quart).
- You need 2 of green onions.
- Use 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Take 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cracked black pepper.
Steps to make Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- Prep: Cut the raw bacon into one inch strips. Slice the sausage into 1/4 inch rounds. Peel the carrots and finely dice them, the white onions, and the celery. Peel and dice the potatoes into roughly one inch square chunks. Finely slice the green onions. If your cheddar is a block, shred it..
- Put a soup pot on the stove over medium heat and let it warm up empty for a few minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare a plate with a couple of paper towels laid over it, and have a couple more paper towels handy..
- Drop the bacon chunks into the soup pot. Watch out for the sizzle-pop. Stir these regularly to keep them from sticking. Cook them past done, almost to the point of burning. Turn heat down to medium low and pull the pot completely off the heat. Remove the bacon, ideally with tongs, and place it on the toweled plate. Cover with the other paper towels and carefully press down – WITHOUT BURNING YOURSELF – to soak out the grease. However, retain all of the bacon grease in the soup pot. The bacon itself can be set aside. You won't need it again until serving time..
- Put the pot back on the medium-low stove. Add 1/4 cup of the flour. Mix it into the grease to form a roux. Add as much of the rest of the flour as you need to make the roux thick. Depending on how much grease the bacon put off, you may need more or less flour..
- Add the celery, onions, and carrots to the roux. Mix well, raise the heat back to medium, and cook 3-5 minutes until the veggie juices start to release. Stir the little bit of liquids into the roux. Don't let the roux burn. Decrease heat if need be..
- When the roux is thick and bready, reduce heat to medium low and stir about half a cup of the half and half into the roux. This makes things quite doughy. Add the potatoes and sausage, then cover them with the rest of the half and half (and milk if you want to thin the broth some). Add salt and pepper, stir..
- Slowly bring the heat up to a boil, then reduce again to a simmer. Cover it and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir and unstick the pot a few times throughout..
- When you can cut straight through the potatoes easily with a wooden spoon, it's done..
- Crush the crispy bacon you made earlier into tiny bits. Serve the soup in a bowl with cheddar cheese, green onion slices, and the bacon bits as garnish..
If you find this Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.