Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Certain foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style recipe. To make avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style you only need 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Provide 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (preferably coconut oil).
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of asafetida.
- Provide 1/4 cup of curry leaves.
- Use 1 cup of chopped red onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 of medium sized potato, diced.
- Use 1 cup of frozen pea carrot mix.
- Take 1 cup of frozen lima beans.
- Provide 1/2 cup of frozen Elephant Foot Yam (Senai kizhangu in Tamil).
- Provide 2 of Tarrow root (Sepankizhangu in Tamil), steam cooked and diced.
- Provide 1 of medium sized sweet potato, steam cooked and diced.
- Take 1 tbs of curry powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take of Coconut paste:.
- Take 1/2 c of fresh coconut pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of channa dhal.
- You need 1 tbsp of urud dhal.
- Use 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/4 c of cashews.
- Use 1 inch of ginger.
- Get 1-2 of green chilies.
- Get 1 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Get 2 cup of yogurt.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 cup of roasted cashew nuts.
Instructions to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Heat Oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, about a minute. Pop mustard and fennel seeds in the hot oil, about a minute. Add asafetida, chilies, and curry leaves; sauté onion until onion gets soft, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add garlic and potato; continue cooking over medium heat with the saucepan covered, about 5 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables, about five minutes. Add steam cooked vegetables. Add 4 cups water; continue cooking over medium heat with the sauce pan covered-about 5 minutes. Stir in curry and turmeric powder..
- Coconut paste: Dry roast dhal, coriander, cashews and coconut over medium heat in a skillet-about 2- minutes. Blend them together with water to make a smooth paste. Add the paste to the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk; bring it to boil over medium heat, about 6minutes. Add nutmeg. Turn the heat off. Cool to room temperature. Add yogurt. Salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro and cashews. Serve at room temperature. Serve this tasty nutritious dish with pongal.
If you find this AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.