Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys garlic & herb mashed potatoes, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can cook vickys garlic & herb mashed potatoes, gf df ef sf nf using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take 900 grams (2 lbs) of white potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Get 1/4 of onion or a thick slice of onion.
- You need 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 160 ml (2/3 cup) of milk of choice – I use light coconut milk.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or melted safe spread / butter.
- Get 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper or to taste.
- Take 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 15 grams of chopped chives.
Steps to make Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF:
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes, garlic cloves, onion, bay leaf and thyme sprigs with cold water.
- Bring to the boil then let simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain thoroughly and return to pan, discarding the bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and add the milk and olive oil. Mash with an old-fashioned potato masher or large fork, adding additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Mix in 3/4 of the chives and season to taste with salt & pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with leftover chives or chopped parsley.
- If you like you can fry some thinly sliced spring onion / scallion greens in butter and add those instead of chives.
- Nice with a casserole or a steak, sausages or baked chicken.
If you find this Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.