Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Elixir Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Elixir Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Elixir Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to elixir soup recipe. You can cook elixir soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Elixir Soup:
- Prepare 1 lb of yellow squash.
- Get 6 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 2 of Turnips, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of cauliflower, chopped.
- Take 1 medium of yellow onion, chopped.
- Get 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 4 cup of chicken broth ( or veggie broth if you like).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced or chopped fine.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Take 1 of chives and/or green onions chopped.
- Get of optional.
- You need 1 of yellow chile.
Steps to make Elixir Soup:
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Cook the yellow onion and garlic until softened. Around 8 to 10 minutes should do.
- Add the squash, carrots, cauliflower, turnip, lemon juice, Chile ( if using) and HALF of the broth and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer until the veggies are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to cool before pureeing the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth ( careful with hot liquids!).
- Transfer from the blender into a cleaned or new pot on the stove. Add more broth to get to your desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let soup simmer before serving. Add chives or green onions to the top of soup as a garnish and enjoy :).
If you find this Elixir Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.