Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy sausage & potato soup recipe. You can have cheesy sausage & potato soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup:
- Provide 2 lbs of russet potatoes (cut into 1” cubes).
- You need 1 lb of smoked sausage (cut into 1/4” slices).
- Use 6 Oz of cream cheese (softened).
- You need 8 Oz of cream of celery soup.
- Provide 2/3 envelope of onion soup mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of white cheddar cheese (shredded).
- Take 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Use 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Provide 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide of 1 medium jalapeño (sliced, optional).
Steps to make Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup:
- Place potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker with 2 cups water..
- In a medium bowl blend cream cheese, cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, cream, jalapeño (optional) and cajun seasoning. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine..
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hrs..
- After 3 hrs, add sausage, stir and continue cooking for remainder..
- After checking to make sure potatoes are cooked through, give it a good stir. Add milk and cheddar and continue to stir until well combined. Cook an additional 30 minutes on low..
- Top with more shredded cheese if desired and serve..
If you find this Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.