Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One nutritious option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys easter apple cinnamon hot cross buns, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys easter apple cinnamon hot cross buns, gf df ef sf nf you only need 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take 250 ml of coconut milk, lukewarm.
- Take 7 grams of fast action yeast.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 500 grams of gluten-free flour / strong white bread flour.
- Take 1 of & 1/2 tsp xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Take 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Provide 1 of large cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped.
- You need 100 grams of sultanas.
- Take 50 g of mixed peel.
- Get 85 ml of – 100ml apple juice / orange juice.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Crosses.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Get 2 tbsp of water.
- Use of Glaze.
- Use 2 tbsp of apple juice / orange juice.
- Get 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
Instructions to make Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Mix the yeast and sugar into the milk and set aside.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, salt and baking spices together in a large bowl. Stir the sultanas, mixed peel and chopped apple pieces in.
- Make a well in the centre and stir in the apple / orange juice, oil and yeast mixture.
- Form a sticky but soft dough using your hands. Depending on the flour used you may need to add a little more milk as gluten-free flours need more liquid, 2 -3 tbsp should be plenty.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 – 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead again for 10 minutes then divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll the pieces into smooth balls and evenly space out on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Recover with the damp tea towel and again, leave in a warm place for 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F.
- To make the crosses, mix the flour and water to a paste the consistency of butter icing. Place the paste in an icing bag or plastic bag and snip the end off, then pipe crosses on the hot cross buns. It's easier to go along the whole row than do individual crosses.
- Bake for 20 – 22 mins until the buns are golden and firm.
- To make the glaze, dissolve the caster sugar in the juice, boil for a minute in the microwave or a small saucepan until thickening, then brush over the hot buns as soon as they come out of the oven. Let the glaze set before you enjoy the buns with safe butter, jam, marmalade, nutella or naked, whatever you fancy!.
- Will keep for up to 3 days, best enjoyed halved and toasted.
If you find this Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.