Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy mashed potatoes recipe. You can have healthy mashed potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Healthy Mashed Potatoes:
- You need 4 lb of Yukon Gold potatoes white or , (about 10), peeled & cubed.
- Take 1 cup of sour cream reduced – fat or light.
- Provide 1/2 cup of , (1/2 of 8 oz tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese).
- Prepare 2 tsps of onion powder.
- Use 1 of bacon slice , cooked , crumbled.
- Provide 2 of green onions , sliced.
Steps to make Healthy Mashed Potatoes:
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, reduced-fat cream cheese and onion powder; mash until creamy..
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 days. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Discard plastic wrap..
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through. Sprinkle with the bacon and green onions..
If you find this Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.