Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the greatest idea. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a nutritious snack though. It consists of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is simple for the body to digest and, depending on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Yogurt combines wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. This reduces your sugar intake without minimizing the taste of your snack.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup recipe. You can cook potato soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Soup:
- Prepare 2 of strips lean bacon, chopped.
- Get 1 cup of finely sliced leeks or onion or 8 large green onions with tops, finely sliced.
- Take 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Use 3 of medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of lower-sodium chicken broth.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of white or black pepper.
- Take 2 cup of low-fat(1%)milk.
- Use 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour or potato flakes.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried basil leaves.
Steps to make Potato Soup:
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Add leeks and garlic to reserved drippings and cook until tender. Add potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Using a fork, slightly mash the potatoes against the side of the saucepan..
- In a medium-sized bowl, wisk together the milk, flour or potato flakes, and basil; stir into potato mixture. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until thickened. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon. Serve with corn bread. Makes 6 side-dish servings..
If you find this Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.