Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have countless options. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions recipe. To cook easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions:
- Use 3-4 of large potato’s – Roosters are best.
- Get 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped.
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Get 100 grams of mature cheddar cheese grated.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Use of Pepper.
- Get 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 of gloves garlic, sliced thinly.
Steps to make Easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even sized chunks and boil in a pot. If you cut the chunks evenly they will cook evenly – I tend to cut into inch thick slices..
- Heat a pan on low to medium heat and add the butter. Once melted lightly fry off the spring onion and garlic until softened. Take off the heat whilst still green and fresh..
- When soft to touch with a knife take the potatoes and drain. Leave for a good 5 minutes or more to let all the steam and water leave the potatoes..
- Mash the potatoes or use a potato ricer. Add the spring onion, garlic (and butter) and milk. Season with plenty of salt and pepper to taste. You can add more butter if you like.Add to a baking dish and top with the grated cheese..
- I have used cheddar cheese but you could use any hard cheese you like. You could skip the cheese – we often do – especially if you are going to serve with gravy..
- Place in the oven between 175c and 200c for 15 minutes. This reheats the potato and sharpens up the taste. It also allows you to finish off the green veg to go with your meal. Use the grill to crisp up the top at the end..
- Tonight we had sausages and peas. The sausages were popped in the oven for 30 minutes at 175c whilst I cooked the potatoes. The peas were boiled for 5 minutes from frozen.
If you find this Easy cheesy mashed potato with spring onions recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.