Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Ham and Bean Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and bean soup recipe. To make ham and bean soup you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Bean Soup:
- Take 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- Provide 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- Prepare 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- Get 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- Provide 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- Use 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Instructions to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
If you find this Ham and Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.