Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Erissery recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Erissery recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Erissery recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most probably choose many items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to erissery recipe. To cook erissery you only need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Erissery:
- Get of whole green moong.
- Prepare of yellow (ripe) pumpkin.
- Provide of chilli powder.
- Use of turmeric powder.
- Provide of cumin seeds.
- Take of grated coconut.
- Take of coconut oil.
- Take of mustard seeds/rye.
- You need of urad dal.
- Use of dry red chillies.
- You need of curry leaves.
- Get of Salt.
Steps to make Erissery:
- Soak the lentil (moong) for at least 4 -5hrs…Wash and pressure cook the whole moong along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and some water enough to cover the lentil….around 4 -5 whistles..
- Once the cooker is cooked add the diced pumpkin pieces to it and cook again for 2 whistles..let the pressure release and keep aside..
- Meanwhile take 1/2cup grated coconut and cumin seeds in a grinder and blend to a paste..
- Then add this paste to the erissery and cook for another 5 mins mashing the pumpkin with the spoon…
- Tadka: in a pan heat coconut oil and add the mustard seeds, red chillies, urad dal and curry leaves and saute then add the left grated coconut and fry till golden… add erissery to this pan and mix everything till the erissery is neither too thick nor too thin. serve with rice..
If you find this Erissery recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.