Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically modify your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry/ meen kuzhambu recipe. To make fish curry/ meen kuzhambu you need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu:
- Prepare 500 gm of fish(rohu).
- Provide 2 tsp of vadavam.
- Take 3 of spring curry leaves.
- Provide 2 tsp of cumin/jeera powder.
- Provide 4 of onion (chopped).
- Take 5 of Tomato (chopped).
- You need 1 of Small Lemon size tamarind.
- Provide 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use 4 tsp of mixed curry masala.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 5 tbsp of gingely oil.
Steps to make Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu:
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup water for ½ hour. Strain and extract from pulp.Clean and wash fish. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a wide skillet. Add vadavam after it cracks add curry leaves..
- Now add onions and jeera powder saute till golden brown..
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy and raw smell disappears..
- Next add salt,turmeric and red chilli powder. Saute till oil separates from skillet..
- In a blender add mixed curry masala and coriander powder. Take half of the sauted mix and grind to smooth paste..
- To the remaining onion tomatoes in pan add strained tamarind water and ground paste..
- Wash the blender with water and pour into curry. Check salt and tanginess. Cover and allow to boil 15 minutes..
- Gently drop the fish into the curry and allow to cook covered for 5 minutes. No not stir the fish pieces may break..
- Serve hot with plain rice..
If you find this Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.