Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snack foods.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us truly feel better within our bodies. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is an excellent option as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of things that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. Various vitamins and minerals tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which can often cause you to be sleepy. But when you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you need to sleep a while. These nuts loosen up the muscles and offer a general sense of relaxation. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood booster!
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed bell peppers with mashed potatoes recipe. To cook stuffed bell peppers with mashed potatoes you only need 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes:
- Use of Bell pepper Mixture.
- You need 4 of Bell peppers.
- Use 1 of Onion Chopped.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, Chopped.
- Use 1 of Can of Black beans, drained.
- Get 1 cup of Chopped tomatoes.
- Provide 5 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Get 1/2 cup of Vegetable stock.
- Take 1/2 of Can of White beans.
- Provide 1 cup of Cooked brown Rice.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Take 2 tbsp of Vegetable or olive oil.
- Provide 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Provide 1 cup of Shredded cheddar.
- Use of Mashed potatoes.
- You need 12 of Medium sized Potatoes.
- Use 1/2 liter of Whole milk.
- Get 1 of Tinge of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Get 1 of Floret Broccoli, if needed.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes:
- For the mashed potatoes, Mash the drained and boiled potatoes until it is soft and fluffy. In a preheated sauce pan, add the butter and milk and cook until the butter melts. Add the melted butter-milk mixture gently to the mashed potatoes. When the required consistency is reached, add salt pepper and nutmeg to taste..
- Optional: Add the boiled broccoli to the potatoes before mashing them..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, cut your bell peppers length wise and remove the seeds and ribs. Place them in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the peppers are soft..
- For the stuffing, heat the oil in the skillet and add garlic and onions. Saute them till the onions are translucent and soft..
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, cumin powder, salt and pepper to taste. Give them a good mix until the mixture is well coated with the spices..
- Add the black and white beans and give them a good stir along with the mixture. Cover the skillet and allow the mixture to cook in a medium low heat for about 20 minutes..
- By this time, the bell peppers would be ready and pop them out of the oven. Discard the liquid that could be seen inside the cavity of the bell peppers and allow it to cool..
- When the stuffing mixture has thickened, add the cooked brown rice and give it a cook mix. Allow it to cool, before adding to the bell peppers..
- Add the stuffing to the bell peppers, and top it with cheese. Pop them back in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes..
If you find this Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.