Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Mac n Cheese recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Mac n Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Mac n Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked mac n cheese recipe. You can cook baked mac n cheese using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Mac n Cheese:
- Provide 1/4 cup of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of warm milk. microwave 2 cups of milk for about a minute to a minute and a half.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp of chili powder…… to taste. you can substitute with cayenne for more spice if you wish. The cover photo shown, I used chili powder.
- Take 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 10 oz of shredded sharp white cheddar (I use cracker barrel aged reserve).
- Use 8 oz of elbow macaroni cooked drained.
- Use 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
Steps to make Baked Mac n Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Use a 3 qt pan to melt butter or margarine on medium low heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth and lump free. Slowly stir in warm milk whisking constantly. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened..
- Add salt, pepper and chili powder and cream cheese. Mix until cream cheese melts thoroughly. Remove from heat and immediately add shredded cheese (save some for the top). Mix well..
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, pour cheese mixture over cooked, drained macaroni. Mix until all pasta is coated and let it set in the bowl for 5 minutes or so. This helps give the pasta time to absorb some of the cheese sauce..
- Spoon macaroni and cheese mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish. Add some shredded cheese to the top and sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs. For more crunch add more crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown..
If you find this Baked Mac n Cheese recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.