Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect mashed potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect mashed potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to mashed potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything immediately or that you have to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mashed potatoes recipe. You can have mashed potatoes using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare mashed potatoes:
- Use 6 medium of yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- Provide 1/2 pints of heavy whipping cream.
- Take 1 of salt.
- Provide 1 of black pepper.
Steps to make mashed potatoes:
- Turn your oven on to 375°F. You don't really have to preheat for this recipe..
- Arrange your potatoes on a baking tray. Bake for about 75 -90 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes..
- You'll want to have your mashed potato kit ready when the potatoes come out of the oven. Slice up your stick of butter, get yourself a towel, a good bowl, a strong wooden spoon, a container for the spent tater skins, and a knife. Warm the cream gently on the stove..
- You know your potatoes are ready when you can poke a toothpick straight through to the center of the largest potato without feeling much resistance at all..
- Alright, it's go time! The rest of this recipe is a race. You're fighting time to get those potatoes whipped, seasoned, and on the table before they cool. Many cooks recommend performing the rest of this recipe over a double boiler in order to maintain temperature. Personally, I don't like to make things too complicated. Better just move quick..
- With your knife in your dominant hand, use the towel to pick up a hot potato with the other. Slice a strip of skin off, and scoop the insides into your bowl. Repeat with remaining potatoes..
- If you have a ricer available, and you like your mashed potatoes silky smooth, pass the potatoes and butter through your ricer. No ricer? Don't sweat it, just scatter the sliced butter over your potatoes and move to the next step..
- Beat those spuds with a wooden spoon. This technique is known to many as the 'dead arm,' technique (very little relation to the 'dead hand' technique) and I guarantee you it is the key to elevating your mashed potato game. Swirl the spoon around in the bowl until the potatoes seem to want to form a dough. Continue beating until it feels like your arm is gonna fall off..
- Toss in a little salt and pepper, and beat in the cream. Now, just tighten up your seasoning and don't forget to perform a final mix..
- Get em on the table and in some bellies. Great mashed potatoes are like a great risotto. They don't know respect. They're not gonna wait for anybody, not you, not Grandma, not anybody..
If you find this mashed potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.