Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Energy.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us feel better in our bodies. If we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we usually feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snacks to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain foods is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mashed & baked – sweet potatoes & apples recipe. You can have mashed & baked – sweet potatoes & apples using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Get 6 of medium-large sweet potatoes.
- Take 8 tbs of butter (divided).
- Get 2 of apples, peeled, cored, and chopped.
- Use 1/3 cup of brown sugar (divided).
- Provide 2 tbs of cinnamon (divided).
- Take 2/3 cup of milk, heated.
- You need 3 tbs of brandy (optional).
- Take 1 tbs of all-spice.
- Take 1/4 cup of almonds (or walnuts).
Instructions to make Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, cut in half and place in a large pot of boiling salted water, until fork tender, about 40-50 minutes. Drain, and allow to slightly cool, in order to peel..
- While potatoes are boiling, heat a cup of water in a small sauce pan and add the apples. Lightly boil for 10-15 minutes..
- Drain the water and add 3 tablespoons of butter, half the brown sugar, and sauté the apples for 5 minutes. Add a dash of cinnamon..
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees..
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash them using a potato masher. Add the apples and continue to mash..
- Add the rest of the butter, heated milk, and brandy (optional) to the bowl. Blend well with a mixer. While mixing, add the sugar and a dash of cinnamon and all-spice..
- Scoop this mixture into a well-buttered casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow this to cool for a few minutes. Top with crushed walnuts or slivered almonds..
If you find this Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.