Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you need 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Use of The Stock.
- Get 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- You need 2 of onions, halved.
- Use 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Get 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Take 10 cups of water.
- Take of For the Onions and Soup.
- Provide 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Get 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Get of The strained Stock.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Get 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Use of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Get of Cook and assemble.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.