Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Buttery Crackers recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Buttery Crackers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Buttery Crackers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to buttery crackers recipe. To cook buttery crackers you need 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Buttery Crackers:
- Take 2 cup of all purpose flour (self rising).
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of baking powder (baking soda).
- Provide 2/3 stick of butter cold cut into cubes.
- Take 2/3 cup of cold water.
- Get 2 tablespoons of neutral tasting oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Use 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Use As needed of kosher salt for sprinkling top.
- Get 1/3 cup of melted butter for brushing top of crackers.
Steps to make Buttery Crackers:
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cube the butter..
- Mix the flour, butter, baking powder, neutral oil, salt, and sugar. It should look like sand..
- Add water a bit at the time. Mix well form a ball..
- Lay out wax paper and sprinkle with all purpose flour for rolling..
- Roll the dough out super duper thin on wax paper..
- Poke holes all over. I did the rolling and poking in batches..
- I used a cookie cutter to cut the crackers for half of the dough. Take the border scraps and re-roll the dough for more crackers..
- Then I used a pizza cutter for the rest. You can also cut with a knife..
- Lift the wax paper up and set onto a baking sheet..
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or till golden brown..
- Take out quickly brush with butter then sprinkle with the kosher salt immediately or the salt won't stay on..
- Let cool then store in an air tight container or serve them then. I hope you enjoy!!.
- To make soda crackers substitute all purpose flour with self rising flour. Then substitute the baking powder with baking soda..
If you find this Buttery Crackers recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.