Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains present in white bread.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea ham soup recipe. You can have split pea ham soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Use of In Dutch Oven.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Provide 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Get 2 cup of dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup).
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt).
- Provide 8 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of dried bayleaf.
- Take 1 lb of smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking.
Instructions to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent..
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta.
- Add smoked kielbasa.
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender).
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING.
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!.
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose..
If you find this Split Pea Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.