Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably choose many food items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One wholesome substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) recipe. To cook pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- You need 1100 g of whole chicken.
- Use 3 of thumb-size ginger, peeled and cut vertically.
- Provide 3-4 of medium onion, peeled and cut i to half.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Get 2-3 pieces of star anise.
- Provide 4-5 pieces of cloves or 1 tbsp coriander seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 liters of water.
- You need of Pho rice noodles, cooked per packaging instruction.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Provide 1 cup of bean sprout.
- Provide 1 of large white onion, slices thinly.
- Provide 1/2 of cut spring onion, chopped.
- Use 1 cup of coriander leaves.
- Take of Lemon or lime.
Instructions to make Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Parboil chicken per about 1 minute and then drain all the water to remove any gunks. Set aside..
- In a pan, dry roast ginger and onion until slightly browned. Transfer into the pot with chicken..
- In the same pan, roast over low heat cinnamon stick, star anise, and coriander seeds. The original recipe made use of a 1 black cardamon (cracked open) but I prefer to leave this one out. Roast for 1 minute until fragrant. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Place everything in a spice pouch and then transfer into the chicken pot. Note: if you are replacing coriander seed with cloves, add the cloves 20 minutes prior to end of the cook to maximize the flavor..
- Put 2 liters if water into the chicken pot with the ginger, onion and spice pouch. Put 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil then turn to low heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- After 20-25 minutes, check if chicken is cooked through. Try to poke with a pork and see if the juice coming out is still pinkish..
- Once you see that it is cooked, turn off heat and take the chicken out. Put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Once cooled, pick out the meat of the chicken off the bones and set aside..
- Return the chicken bones and carcass into the pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes. You may want to add more salt as preferred. Add the cloves (if using) 20 minutes prior to turning the heat off..
- To serve, put the pho rice noodles in a bowl. Top with shredded chicken meat and garnish with thinly sliced onion, bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chopped spring onion. Ladle 1-2 cups of the soup base. Serve hot..
If you find this Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.