Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything straightaway or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than completely altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's holiday brisket recipe. You can cook mom's holiday brisket using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mom's Holiday Brisket:
- Get 5 lb of Whole or first cut or top cut brisket (could be 4-5 lbs).
- Take 2 large of or 4 smaller onions, sliced thinly.
- Get 8 of Carrots, sliced on diagonal, or even more if you wish.
- Take 1/2 of Bottle of red wine if whole cut. Add whole bottle if dryer top cut..
- Prepare 1 of Pepper sprinkled on both sides..
- You need 1 of Garlic powder sprinkled on both sides.
- Take 1 of Dried thyme sprinkled on both sides.
- Get 1 of Onion powder sprinkled on both sides.
- Take 8 of Allspice berries.
- Prepare 3 of Bay leaves.
- Take 1/2 envelope of Onion soup mix.
- Take 8 of Mushrooms, washed and quartered.
- Prepare 8 oz of Can tomato paste.
- Provide 1 of Very small amount of olive oil.
Instructions to make Mom's Holiday Brisket:
- If you have a whole cut, ask butcher to trim some fat off. If not, trim it yourself. Leave a thin layer for flavor. Wash and dry brisket. Sprinkle pepper, garlic, onion powder and thyme over both sides of brisket. Put small amount of olive oil in bottom of roaster. If necessary, slice brisket in half to fit. Note: after its done, brisket will have shrunk about 1/5-1/4, so judge whether you need to cut it. Turn burners on stove onto medium, and place roaster on burners. Brown brisket on both sides. If your roaster isn't flame-proof, brown it in something that is..
- Place sliced onions on bottom of roaster, and place brisket on top of it. Sprinkle carrots and mushrooms (if using) under, and around brisket. Sprinkle onion soup mix over meat. Pour red wine over all. Spoon tomato paste around brisket, and mix with wine as best you can. Add remaining ingredients around meat. Take sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil, and seal tightly all around. Place in 350°F oven for 90 minutes, and take out, open and flip. Check liquid level. If it seems to be drying out, or at some time in oven smells like it is (burning smell), add more Warner or beef broth..
- After first 90 minutes, flip and bake for another 90 minutes. Take out of oven after 3 hours, and cool for 10 minutes or so. Take out of pan and place on cutting board with runnels to catch the liquid. Brisket now needs to be sliced across the grain. If you have doubts as to where this is, ask butcher when you first purchase it. Slice meat thinly, and place each on plate. When done. Slide. Slicers into liquid and recover with foil tightly. Bake for 1 hour more..
- It is best to make this the day before, and refrigerate overnight. You can lift off any fat very easily. I always slice, then refrigerate overnight, and finish the the last hour of cooking tome on the day I want to serve it. Delicious, even when it falls apart. I even freeze any leftover gravy to use later. Serves approximately 10-12, especially if you have a 5lb.brisket. Takes 4 hours in total.
If you find this Mom's Holiday Brisket recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.