Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Vitality.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Just about the most popular snack foods is natural yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's beef stew & baguettes recipe. You can have mike's beef stew & baguettes using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes:
- Use 1 (4 lb) of Prime Rib [bone in].
- Get 1/8 Cup of Frying Oil.
- Get 1 Cup of AP Flour [add 1 tbs salt & 1 tbs cracked black pepper to flour].
- You need 1 can (28 oz) of Crushed Tomatoes [with juice – use half].
- Use 1 can (6 oz) of Tomato Paste [use 1/2].
- You need 4 boxes (23 oz) of Swansons Beef Stock [reserve 1].
- Take 1/4 tsp of Each: Dried Thyme – Dried Rosemary – Dried Basil – Dried Oregano.
- Use 2 of Whole Bay Leaves.
- Provide 1 pack (1 1/2 oz) of McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning [this addition really does add an extra kick to your stew].
- You need 7 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed & minced].
- Take 1 Tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 3/4 Tbsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Dashes of Celery Seed.
- Prepare 1 of LG Tomato [large dice].
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Quality Burgundy Wine.
- Provide 2 of Medium White Onions [rough chop].
- Use 1 Cup of Celery [rinsed – 1" chop].
- Provide 1 1/2 Cups of Carrots [rinsed – peeled & 1" chop].
- Use 5 of Medium Idaho Potatoes [washed – peeled & chopped into 1" cubes].
Steps to make Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes:
- Heat thick bottomed pot and add oil..
- Coat rib with flour, salt and pepper mixture on all sides. Including sides..
- Add prime rib to heated oil..
- Sear prime rib in oil. Prepare flour mixture with 1 tbs salt and 1 tbs black pepper..
- Sear on all sides – including sides until meat is throughly browned. This will pull the sugars in the meat to the top..
- Pull seared prime rib from pot and set to the side..
- Add a small amount of beef broth to pot. Bring up to a boil and scrape all of those delectable tid bits from the base of pot..
- Add all dried seasonings, wine, 1/2 of your tomato paste, garlic, McCormick packet, broth, [reserve 1 box] 1/2 of your canned tomatoes and 1 large diced tomato to the pot. Wisk well..
- Add prime rib to pot. Simmer on medium for 3 hours covered. Or longer, until your meat is melt in your mouth tender. Carefully flip prime rib over 1/2 way through your simmer. Stir stew regularly..
- Pull your prime rib. Allow to cool just slightly..
- Skim any floating fat from the top of broth with a ladle as there will be some. It's easy to remove. 1st picture: floating fat. 2nd picture: fat removed..
- Fat removed..
- Chop your vegetables. Peel and chop your potatoes last. Otherwise, they'll brown. If you do decide to chop them early, place them in a bowl fully covered in ice water..
- Add your vegetables to pot..
- Chop your prime rib into 1" pieces. Disgard any fat that's attached..
- Add meat to pot..
- Add additional broth as needed. Simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender. About a half an hour. Your potatoes will absorb quite a bit of your original fluids so know additional broth might be needed..
- Baguettes are a sturdy bread capable of holding up to a hot, heavy broth. Slice your pre-baked baguette bread into 4" pieces, lightly coat with EVOO or butter and toast in the oven at 350° for 7 to 10 minutes. Or, until bread is crispy. You can also serve it fresh..
- Plate stew and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with warm baguette bread..
If you find this Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.